Saturday, January 12, 2008

Petite Le Fleurs???



Recently I was blessed with the opportunity to go into what I call my new hobby business...dog breeding. I have wanted to breed dogs of some sort for many years now, but didn't have the time, money, room or energy to do so. However, now seemed like the right opportunity to do this. I have a Yorki-poo, named Sheeba, that I wanted to breed and started checking in to finding a dog to breed her with, or getting another puppy to raise so that I could eventually breed her with. In the process of looking, I met a really neat lady who breeds several breeds of dogs. I started asking her questions one after another, all of which she gladly answered and didn't make me feel dumb for bringing up. Before I knew it, she asked if I would be interested in helping her breed a new breed of dog that she has been working on for over 10 years now. It is a mix of a Pomeranian and a Toy Poodle. The new breed is called "Petite Le Fleurs." PLF stands for Tiny Flowers. In order to make a new breed of dog, you must establish several generations that make up this breed, with certain specific characteristics and qualities. Genetics obviously plays a huge part in this, and my breeder friend has been studying genetics for many years now and has been working to bring out different qualities from each breed to make this new breed of dog. The dogs stay under 6 lbs. in size, are non-allergenic and non-shedding. Their hair is less curly than a toy poodle, and not as long and fuzzy as a Pomeranian. Their ears stand up beautifully and they need to have nice shaped head, back end and tails.

I was thrilled when she asked me to help her!! I felt this was an opportunity worth reaching for. I now have 5 PLF's to breed from my end of the business, and my dog Sheeba who was recently bred with one of my friend's dogs. Sheeba had her first litter of puppies a week ago. She has two little girls, one pure black puppy and one black one with a brown stripe down its back. I will be selling both girls and posting their pictures on this site as soon as I am able.

This is has been a blessing to me, and I am so happy to have this opportunity!!


*Heaven's Tiny Petals does NOT sell to Puppy Mills or Pet Shops!






No comments: