Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Grandbaby #2 on the way!

Today is the day that we go to the hospital so that they can start inducing labor so that our 2nd oldest daughter, Sapphire, can have their baby boy. It was just a week ago today that I had, and lost, my baby boy Samuel. We will be at the same hospital, with the same nursing staff. That could make things so much easier, or harder, depending on how you look at it. You see, my son's heart stopped beating and we don't know why. I was only 5 months along with him. Kaden, my new grandson, will be full term though, and at his last ultrasound they were estimating that he weighs somewhere around 7.9 lbs. already. I am looking forward to holding him, and yet I know I will think of Samuel as well. So, for anyone reading this, if you could say a prayer that we will make it through this with a healthy new grandson, an easy delivery for our daughter (this is their first baby), and that nursing him will go well for her. And as for me...please pray that I will have the strength to be there physically and emotionally for them, and that I will do well mentally through this joyous and yet hard time.

No comments: