Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Kaden Andrew - our new grandbaby!





Kaden Andrew Taylor
Born: Jan. 30th, 2008
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs. 12 oz.
Length: 21" long
Hair: lots of black hair
Eyes: blue

Kaden Andrew was born last Wednesday after his mama had a wonderful labor and delivery. However, Sapphire began hemmoraging right after the placenta came out in pieces instead of as a whole. It was very concerning and she blacked out shortly after she delivered him. Her doctor had everyone running to get several pints of blood in case she needed a transfusion, giving her meds to stop the bleeding, and pumping her full of fluids, etc. Four hours after the delivery they tried to get her up and take a shower, but she she started to pass out again, lost her hearing temporairily, and ended up staying in bed with a cathader and not getting up until 4:30 the next day. She is now recovering nicely, but the day that they were going to be coming home, Friday, Kaden went for his hearing test. While he was gone he turned blue, needed oxygen and ended up with IVs in his tiny head. He ended up having something called, "TTN -or- wet lungs." Only 1% - 2% of all babies get this. Kaden just happened to be one of them. He was under an oxygen hood for a few days, and had to have IVs in his head which had to be replaced 3 different times as they kept coming out and draining fluid into his head under the skin which made him look almost deformed until it absorbed. However, as of 10:00 last night (Monday night), he is finally home with all of us!!! Saph and Andrew stayed at the hospital with him until he came home. I stayed there the first 4 nights with them too, then Ashley went up and stayed there to help out while I came home to rest myself. It was the most bizzare thing...when Saph started hemmoraging, I all of a sudden gushed myself, turned white, felt like I was going to faint and had to have Niki come hold Saph's leg for me while I ran to the bathroom! That really threw me for a loop. I didn't expect that to happen as I had almost stopped flowing from having Samuel the week before. I am now back to square one with that aspect. It has become a running joke with the labor and delivery staff that they should get me a room and have my mail forwarded there as I was there 3 days with Samuel, 5 days with Saph having Kaden, and then Niki is being induced in about 1 1/2 weeks. This isn't counting the times were were up there when Niki had Landon, and I was there with two other friends who had their babies there too. PTL though, most all of them were the same nurses that we've had in the past, and they were ever so wonderful to us, catering to anything we needed, not making us go into the same room that Samuel died in, etc.
I am very blessed for that!

No comments: