Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saved and Going To Heaven

Yesterday, while Niki (our oldest daughter) and I were visiting with my mom, I asked her if she felt sh we was right with God before the cancer takes her away.  She said, "Well yes, basically, but there was something she couldn't quite put her finger on."  So I asked her if she wanted me to pray with her.  She said, "yes, she would."  So, I said the sinners prayer with her, as she repeated after me...  


"Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I'm a sinner, and I'm sorry for my sin. Thank You for dying on the Cross for me. Please forgive me of my sin, and accept me as Your child. I desire to live for You, Jesus. Amen." 


Then she promised me that she would hold Samuel (our baby boy who died) for me till I get to Heaven one day, and give him kisses and hugs for me.  It was an answer to a prayer because I really didn't think that there was much chance that I would see her there one day.  Thank you Lord, for the opportunity.   I give the Lord all the praise for opening this door for me, and the courage to take the risk of her saying no, or being ridiculed for "worrying about my OWN salvation and not theirs."  So, God opened the door, and I took the risk for HIM.  :+)  

No comments: