Monday, April 24, 2017

Africa??

So I know a lot of you on here are my friends and strong Christians, so I just wanted to share my thinking on something that God has been dealing with me about. About four or five months ago the idea of "I should go to Africa kept popping into my mind. Well I can be completely honest with you and say that this is NOT something that has ever crossed my mind as something that I would ever do, because, well mostly the reason is that I have a fear of flying. I'll admit it, and some people probably think that's an absolutely ridiculous fear to have, but since I was a little kid and had a bad experience in a small plane, it's just not something I ever thought I would do again in my lifetime. So When the thought popped into my head, the first thing I thought of was that I must be going crazy, and the next thing that popped into my head was that song by Scott Wesley Brown that says, "Please don't send me to Africa...I don't think I got what it takes..."

Well then the first of January came around and a friend of mine whom I'd lost contact with for awhile, found me on Facebook again, and started talking to me! I was so excited because Watulo and her family, and the orphanage where she cares for the children and teaches them school, consider me their American family, and we use Messenger on FB to talk, call each other, and video chat, where I can even talk with the children and watch them dance, play, and do their schoolwork! I love being able to talk face to face with Watulo and the children!!



I have been in a quandary over this because this is NOT like me to want to go too far without my husband or one of my kids with me, the thought of flying is truly beyond even explaining, but I have even checked into shots I would need, what a passport would require, and even looked into flights! Like I said, this is NOT like me, but God continually keeps bringing it to mind over, and over. I would stay 2 - 3 weeks and work in the orphanage. I don't have a clue why God would be bringing this up or even how on earth we could afford airfare!! And on top of it, I feel I want to take Sheyenne, our 13-year-old, with me, because she has seen some of the children over Messanger, and has a penpal at the village there that she writes to. What an amazing experience that would be!! But 2 days, and 35 hours flying time?!?! Me? Go to Uganda, Africa? I wish I could just be there now with them! Just skip the flying part and all...But daily I want to go there more and more!! The airfare?? Where would we get that kind of money? If God wants us to go, then somehow, HE will have to provide, as this is a dream of a lifetime!! ME? Go to AFRICA? How Lord? It will HAVE to be through God's provision!!


As Watulo said, "I know God will provide, He is the Alpha and Omega, He knows you are traveling for a good cause and to serve Him. ...He will provide, nothing is difficult in God's presence."



But ME????  Would God really send someone like ME??




                    My sister in Africa & some of the children.

                                   I already love them all!!



For a non-profit charitable donation, go to:
www.dosii.org
(Reference - godshandsdaycare.blogspot.com)

No comments: