Friday, February 6, 2015

A Letter from a Reader

A letter from our reader...

     Hi Kelly:

I love your blog -- your post about your child, Samuel, was simply beautiful. It's so brave of you to share your story with us.

As parents, our number one priority is always the safety of our children. When they're at school or camp, or anywhere outside of the home, we're forced to trust them in the care of others. I recently came across this story about a high school boy on a travel excursion with Bold Earth, who was swept out to sea and died when the tour guides ignored warnings about the area. You can read more about this tragedy here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/teen-killed-kayaking-hawaii_n_4305555.html

I don't have a blog of my own, but as a reader of so many parenting blogs, I think it's really important to spread awareness of incidents like this that can easily occur to any family during travel. I hope you'll share this story with your readers so they can think twice before sending their children on these types of trips.

Kindly,
Sue

No comments: