Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Bible Cure for Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia

     I am currently reading a book that I found upstairs on one of our bookshelves.  The book is titled, "The Bible Cure for Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia," by Don Colbert, M.D.  I really have no idea, or don't remember at any rate, where on earth this book came from?!  But, I conveniently found it so I have decided that I need to read it.  It is not a long book, and just a little compact in size, and contains about 84 pages.  I have to be honest with you...I have struggled with this because it is not that I don't want to be "healed" or that I think that I God cannot do it, because I do know that He can and WILL heal.  That, I have no doubt about!  But I have to be honest and say that "I believe I can uncover God's divine plans for health for body, soul and spirit through modern medicine, good nutrition and the medicinal power of Scripture and prayer."  I am to learn something through this season in my life.

The first verse that stands out to me is Isaiah 40:29 - "He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak."

Here is a prayer that is in this little book, that I am claiming for myself and my life.  It says this...

"Almighty God, You are the source of all power and strength.  You have said that You give people strength.  So I ask You to break the spirit of heaviness and weariness in my body and give me the knowledge and wisdom to eat correctly and to live well.  Help me overcome fatigue and pain and be energized to serve and worship YOU with my whole heart, mind, body and strength.  Empower me to accomplish Your purpose and plans for my life.  In You, I will find my rest and strength.  Amen."  

1 comment:

kaney said...

There isn't a magic pill that helps all Fibromyalgia patients. Here is an extensive list of medications used to Treat Fibromyalgia Symptoms. Each of these medications has its own unique side effects and risks and should be taken under the direction of your doctor.

UltraMeal RICE Natural Vanilla