Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

 We had a blessed Christmas this year, though only 7 of our 9 children could be here.  That part is always a little hard for me because I love when all our children and grandbabies can be all together (though little Samuel must look down from Heaven.)  Christmas Eve evening started off with spending a very enjoyable evening with Perry's family, our soon-to-be in laws.  Then Christmas morning, Perry got here at 6:45 AM, and we all got up and started opening presents at about 8:00.  It was a fun time for all, and Doug had gotten everyone, including Ashley & Perry, their own soft dart guns, and they battled in my kitchen while I looked on and the turkey was cooking away in the oven.  At about 12:45, our older daughters and their families came over, and we had our traditional brunch mix of summer sausages, different flavored cheeses, crackers, milk and egg nog.  This is a tradition that my siblings and I did with my father while we were growing up, and we have always done and still do with our children, and now grandchildren.  Later the kids all went outside to play in the snow, and then we opened presents all together.  The rest of the afternoon was filled with laughter, eating, snacking at will, and enjoying our family time together. 

No comments: