Friday, November 28, 2008

Our 20th Anniversary!

My husband Doug and I just celebrated our 20th Anniversary together (on the 25th)! We have been together for 21 1/2 years now, and married for 20. I am blessed that God led us together. At first, I never would have thought we would end up together, (That is a long story in itself! And when this guy first saw me, I was sitting in my mom's apartment, with no makeup on, and a head full of colorful perm rods! What a sight I must have been! He had stormed in (he was the maintenance man for the apartment company there), and went on and on about his "lazy girlfriend" and how she was driving him crazy, and then he turned around and stormed out as suddenly as he had stormed in. However, the next thing we knew, he opened the door a crack and stood there staring at me. Without another word he simply said, "One of these days I'm going marry you!" and he turned around and walked out. Now let me tell you that my comment to that was..."When Hell freezes over!" :+) And look at us now.) let alone for this many years. And to think that his parents both wanted him to get together with my sister and not me!! I was the prudish Christian girl who had an 18-month-old daughter from my previous marriage, and she is/was the fun loving go to the bar and party girl. However, God "worked together for good every thing for those who love Him." We are living proof of that! I would not trade my husband for the world!!! He loves me in spite of my failures, my over reactions to things at times, for the compassion and sensitivity I have for others (even if that means I sit and cry through a normal T.V. show like Extreme Makeover!), for my desire to home school our children, to being a stay-at-home mom, and to being his wife. I am so blessed!!! I pray that we can grow old together for many, many more years to come, and can always enjoy our children, grandchildren, and maybe even great grandchildren some day!

2 comments:

MARGARETE said...

Congratulations! Hey, I just watched The 'Love Comes Softly' movie and cried almost all the way through! I'm going to get some more of these from the library. Also, we found the receipt for the printer so the company is sending a replacement. It was not quite a year old. God is so good.

Unknown said...

Hi Margarete!

Aren't they wonderful movies?! I just love them too! I read the books and fell in love with them, and was equally as pleased with the movies! Now I am going to watch the Christy Series again.

PTL about your printer! God is good!!